Friday, February 27, 2009

Strength and peace please…

This afternoon after Liana’s nap, I gave her
some juice. About the time I realized her lips
were blue, her pull-up Leaked and wet us both,
so we dashed to the bathroom to get cleaned up.
I sat her on the potty while I grabbed a fresh tee
shirt. When I got back she was outwardly shaking.
We jumped in and got a quick warm shower. She
loved it and played in the water. The minute I
turned off the water and opened the shower curtain,
the shaking started up again.

Guy got home about the same time, so he
grabbed pajamas for her while I wrapped
her warmly. She quit shaking, but her lips
did remain blue for thirty minutes. She
immediately went back to playing, but Guy
and I called the doctor. We knew something
wasn’t right. Our pediatrician conferred with
a cardiologist who stated that heart babies
sometime turn blue when they are fighting
infections and running a fever. She is presently
being treated for an ear infection.

We were told to observe her and call
again if the need arises. Thankfully
we go to see her cardiologist on Monday
at 2:00. We are so ready to find out
something about her condition! This issue
keeps us looking to God who promises to give
us strength and peace.

“The Lord will give strength unto
His people. The Lord will bless
His people with peace.” Psalm 29:11

In my morning devotion, I was meditating
on scripture about not being anxious. God
was preparing me for this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment